Friday, June 25, 2010

Today we are attempting to do an ice station. But the ice is too think. We have been trying to get through 200 yards of ice for about 8 hours now. Here is a picture of the surrounding ice, the paint left on the ice by the ship and the dent made by the bow of the ship. The ice just isn't budging. It is beautiful out today, though. The sun is shining and the temperature is pleasant. Woot the ship is shaking! There is a lot of rattling a going on when the ship attempts to break through the ice. Sometimes we are tipped to one side depending on how we landed on the ice. pretty cool.

Last night was a long night of filtering. We did get to station until 7pm and I didn't get any water until around 9pm. I was up until 4am filtering. Luckily today is an easy day because we are doing an ice station and, therefore, I have nothing to do. Well except catch up on logs and read a proposal! At least I got a good latte today! The ship store has an espresso machine. yum! I will be out of my $20 coffee card very soon.

When this cruise is over i am making a spa appointment for the works: hair, mani, pedi and maybe a massage. That with a good bottle of wine and a filet mignon. yum! Ok, must stop now, I might start drooling.

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment